Thursday, September 27, 2018

Grading the Bucks: Week 4--Tulane

I'll be honest, it's tough to grade and evaluate the game when you are in Shoe.  It's also tough to truly evaluate that kind of a game when the teams are mismatched.  Since I'm also slammed at work, this will be incredibly brief.  Don't judge this column on this particular post. 

Offense: A-
MVP: Dwayne Haskins, QB
What can you say? Total dominance in the first half and snoozefest in the second half.  The 'minus' is simply because I was so bored in the second half, I couldn't pay any attention.  The running game was a bit 'eh', but who cares.  Tulane wanted to stop the run so we killed them through the air.  Haskins was brilliant again. 

Defense: A
MVP: Chase Young, DE
Again, this was a total mismatch.  The TD given up was a bit bogus as a pick was made on an offsides.  Overall, strong performance, but it tells me nothing here.  Tulane doesn't provide a valid measuring stick, but the Bucks did what they were supposed to.

Special Teams: I
Did we have any special teams plays? Asking for a friend... The score was 49 on the nice last minute cover, so I guess we made the PATs....yay?

Coaching: A
Haskins hit the pine for the second half.  That's the most important move made.  Gameplan was fine (yet super easy).

Overall: A
On to Penn State.  Need Weber to heal up.  Win it for Nick!

No comments: